Women In Defense (WID) Michigan Chapter, A National Security Organization, is a non-profit professional networking and development organization for women and men across Michigan who contribute to national defense and security.
Formed in 2007, the Michigan Chapter seeks to strengthen and influence the defense and national security industry by inspiring women, cultivating leadership, and growing professional relationships.
- Provide our members with opportunities for professional development and networking.
- Cultivate the advancement of women leaders in government, defense, and national security professions.
- Assist in the educational development of young women in technical fields in support of S.T.E.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) to encourage them to pursue a career in the defense industry.
- Provide financial assistance for higher education through WID HORIZONS-Michigan Scholarship program.
- Offer Mentoring program for established professionals, as well as mentoring environment for middle school to college aged girls.